Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The sound of one hand clapping

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and the surgery will be the first on the list for tomorrow. 
That sounded pretty good until they said the check-in will probably be 530am.

The surgery is expected to take 4-5 hrs which should give them plenty of time to dig out a couple of inches of hip bone and graft it to what remains of my thumb then tie the whole thing to my lap.

The hope is that this surgery will provide more bone and skin to create a better base for a future toe-to-thumb procedure.

The surgery will be at the Stanford Ambulatory Surgery Center in Palo Alto and I will be at Stanford for a couple of days before being transferred to... most likely Lytton Gardens off of University in Palo Alto, but that's not confirmed.

I will not be posting for the next month but I will make sure info and PG pics are posted by my family or friends.

Wish me luck.

John

4 comments:

  1. We wish you luck and we are with you every step of the way!
    Lots of love from Jen & co.
    we'll leave the light on for you here in Encinitas - :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you John... Best of luck to you and I hope your doctors get a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, You probably don't remember us...we lived at 4524 Elder in SB between the Coppersmiths and the Lyons. We moved to Ironwood in '83. Judy Lyons told us about your accident. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers especially tomorrow. Liked your "Al Bundy" remark.... we are showing our age...:)
    Tell your family hi for us...does your mom still do cross stitch?
    Keep the faith...
    Harriet and Rich Ottaviano

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in our thoughts and prayers. It was great to see you and we are so incredibly impressed by your fab attitude.
    Big hugs and lots of love,
    Carina & Hannah ... oh, and David & Elle too.

    ReplyDelete