Wednesday, November 30, 2011

another guy who gets it

A friend sent me a link to this blog and it didn't take me more than a few paragraphs to notice that the writer also penned the testimonial on the Maui Channel Swim website. I have read how the afternoon of Sept 3rd has affected several people via e-mails, cards and letters, but I think this is the first to get me teary.

The propellers of that boat took a lot from me, but I will never let anyone or anything take away the feelings I had during that crossing, of seeing the sandy bottom after 6 hrs and 15 min of swimming and spotting the finish line. Those are all mine and I earned them.

I hope that what happened to me will never happen to another swimmer, but I also hope it does not stop people from challenging themselves in the open water.


http://lifeinrestandmotion.blogspot.com/2011/09/maui-channel-2011.html

No comments:

Post a Comment