Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm "Figuring it out"

Todays SF Chronicle had an article on the new Menlo College football coach, Mark Speckman, that was born with no hands.

He seemed like a pretty amazing guy so I watched his Youtube Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTjATe8nzM

He does a great job of explaining what's been going through my head every day since Sept 3rd.

(I do want to say that I've read that being born without hands/arms/etc is a VERY different experience than having lost them after childhood... so don't expect me to start playing the guitar or painting with my feet.)

Thanks to Randy for finding this guy.

3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to being with you for many of the, "I figured it out" moments.... I am thinking of some big ones - snowboarding, biking, driving, body surfing, paddling, etc! Keep sharing the ones that you cross off the list (like opening a coke).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dura-Ace/Di2!

      http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/products/road/di2.html

      Woo hoo!

      Delete
  2. I can think of a moment, how about riding a jet ski. This time you can drive instead of riding on the rescue sled....just kidding with you. Have fun with your new adventurers.

    ReplyDelete